With this extension, you can share a basic editor for an Airtable view. You can decide which fields are shown in the editor, and it gives you a password-protected URL to share with those you’d like to give access to.
💡This extension is ideal for an employer who wants some employees to do light work on Airtable with limited access.
- Unlimited users
- Field level access control
- Password protection
- Records limit: the max number of records that can be loaded at once is 500. (capped for performance reasons)
- Grouped records: grouping feature is not supported.
- Filter and sort: filtering and sorting settings are inherited from the defined Airtable view. No control options in the Basic Editor.
- Deleting records: feature is not supported.
- Bulk edit: editing values in bulk is not supported. Only 1 at a time (no shift+select).
- Live updates: changes that are made on Airtable won’t reflect in the Basic Editor until the page is refreshed. e.g. filtered records won’t be removed/added and sorted records won’t move until page is refreshed manually.
- Row number: the row number on the left side of each record is not displayed.
- Undo changes: no option for Command+Z.
- Column width: unadjustable.
- Row height: unadjustable.
Inserting records: editor users can add new records by clicking a button that brings up an Airtable form (not like the bottom row in Airtable).
Fields detection: field names are automatically detected, but not sorted like Airtable. However, you can re-order columns manually. If a field is completely empty, it must be entered manually. Also, if a field name is updated in Airtable, it has to be updated in miniExtensions as well.
Field Type Limitations
Fully supported field types
Single line text
Note: The password for the sample view below is mRUd5L