Similar to how they work in Airtable, miniExtensions Form supports having fields with visibility conditions. You can choose to show certain fields in your form only when certain requirements are met.
- Helps in making the form look shorter to avoid overwhelming the user, especially on long forms.
- Show relevant fields only when the time is right.
- Hide irrelevant fields completely.
- This feature is part of our powerful miniExtensions Form.
This form would show the ‘next field’ only when the ‘previous field’ is filled:
If you click on the sample view below, you’ll see the table that’s used for the demo above.
If I wanted to set a conditional field to show up if a record is one of two values (Series = A or B) how would I do that? I’ve tried using “Is Not” but it’s not working.
Both options should be “is”. And the logic operator between conditions should be “OR”. Attached is a screenshot that shows you an example of how to set this up.
I’ve got a field on a form that use a formula. It is set to be conditional, but it’s not displaying on the form. The formula field does not show when its condition is met. Can’t we display formula fields on the form? What “work around” could be used to show it?
Formula fields can only be displayed in the form in two cases:
1. While editing a record (not creating a new one).
2. By using compute mode. Which is a feature that basically allows you to create a record and immediately start editing that record.