While Airtable Form is great for simple tasks, our powerful tool allows you to tackle even more complex projects (compare the differences). Create a form for your users to edit existing records in Airtable. Just select the fields that you’d like to be included in the form. The user would be able to edit whatever they want. Once they hit save, the record would be instantly updated on Airtable. The form allows you to do almost anything that you can do with Airtable Form, plus many extra features. Our goal is to add every possible feature in one powerful, yet easy-to-use tool. If you are looking for a specific feature to be added, reach out to us!
This is a sample form as an example. It will open in a new tab.
*The form can also be embedded inside a webpage!
How do people access their records?
There’re 2 different ways to share the form with your users.
Add a Login Page
Before the users reach the form, this option adds an additional step so they can look up their records first. Learn more about this feature.
Generate Unique URLs
You can also generate a unique URL for every record in your table using a formula field. When you share those URLs with someone, it will load a specific record with all the selected fields pre-filled already.
- Multi-purpose: create new records and update (or delete) existing ones.
- No limits: unlimited form submissions/updates.
- Multiple Forms: you can create many different forms.
- Embeddable: forms can be embedded in any webpage.
- Read-only fields: lock some fields to disable editing.
- Conditional Fields: show some fields only when certain requirements are met.
- Prefill Hidden Fields: form can be pre-filled using
prefill_parameters (including hidden fields!)
- Duplicate Prevention: you can prevent duplicate records with the same value.
- Image option: you can add an image in any field.
- Section Headers: the ability to add a “title block” to group a set of fields together and separate between them.
- Custom Styling: an option to customize the cover image, logo, colors of backgrounds, font, borders, buttons..etc.
- Custom Confirmation Page: choose a custom success message (thank you screen) or redirect to a fixed URL.
- Dynamic Redirect URL: send the users to custom links in an Airtable field.
- Create another record: after form submission, you have the option to add another record from scratch or make another copy of the previous record.
- User Identification: an option to collect the user’s location and IP address.
- CAPTCHA: human validation to protect your form against bots.
- Password Protection: forms can optionally be password-protected.
- Auto-Disable Editing: let forms ‘expire’ based on certain conditions.
- Login Page: an option to allow users to lookup their own records. 🆕
- White-labeled: no miniExtensions branding.
- Full Support: priority live chat support.
Field Specific Features
- Field Type Support: all field types are supported.
- Single line text: optional character count limit.
- Single line text: mask the field’s input and cover it as a password.
- Long text: optional character count limit.
- Long text: comment mode.
- Email field: input format validation.
- Number field: input format validation.
- URL field: input format validation.
- Date field: an option to be auto-filled with today’s date by default.
- Checkbox: change the field style to a toggle switch.
- Single and Multiple Select: show options as a dropdown or a list.
- Single and Multiple Select: limit selectable options.
- Linked Record: add new linked records.
- Linked Record: hide existing linked records.
- Linked Record: add linked records to a form by scanning a barcode.
- Linked Record: the ability to add/edit/preview linked records with details (line items).
- Linked Record: conditional filters.
- Lookup: show lookup fields.
- Barcode: scan barcodes (and QR codes).
- Attachment: add signatures.
- Attachment: the ability to annotate images.
- Attachment: restrict the number of file uploads.
- Attachment: set a file size limit.
- Attachment: custom thumbnail size.
- Attachment: restrict allowed file types (image, video, audio, document).
- Formula: calculation inside the form.
- Button field type is supported.
If you click on the sample view below, you’ll see the table that’s used for the demo above.