The live demos use this Airtable View
- Generates a unique URL for your client portal.
- Can be embedded inside your own website.
- Allows you to select the searchable field(s).
- Allows you to select the returned field(s).
- Allows direct access to the view (result page) URL, skipping manual search.
- Supports 2 view types: list (gallery) and table (grid).
- Now supports editing records! 🆕
- Supports playing audio and video attachments! 🆕
- Supports rich text formatting (Markdown) 🆕
- Now you can integrate this with our barcode scanner extension 🆕
(so you can scan a barcode and see an Airtable record as a result)
This extension can be used in 3 different ways:
1. Client Portal
You can also use this as a customer or member portal. Where they can login and see some specific data that you allow them to see. This tool is particularly useful if you have clients/employees/students and you only want them to be able to see the records that they are associated with (e.g. profile page), and none of the other records in your base. It’s idea to allow your clients to login and see/update their data. They would only be able to see their own data, not anyone else. You can control which fields are shown and which are used for search. Also, you can either share it as a link with your clients or you can embed it in your website.
2. Automatic View Generator
Instead of manually creating a view for each client or employee, you can use this extension to share their data with a very minimal effort. Just decide which field(s) they can access. Then you can share the search results page URL with them and they’ll be skipping the search page, and taken directly to the generated view.
3. Search Page
With this extension, you can share a web page that allows users to search your Airtable base. You can decide which fields can be searched and which fields are shown in search results. It generates a search page URL for you that you can share with those you’d like to give access to.
💡This extension is ideal for sharing data with clients without having to create an Airtable view for each client.