Here’s an example to see how exactly this extension works.
People can also access your client portal with a card view style.
Both these live demos above are using this Airtable View
- Generates a unique URL for your client portal.
- Can also be embedded inside your own website (with automatic height adjustment).
- Supports 2 different view styles: Card view and Grid.
- Allows you to select the searchable field(s).
- Integrated Barcode and QR code scanner to lookup records
(so you can scan a barcode and see an Airtable record as a result)
- Allows you to select the returned field(s).
- Allows direct access to the view (result page) URL, skipping manual search.
- Supports editing records via the built-in form.
- The client has the ability to add a new record (optional).
- Supports playing audio and video attachments! 🆕
- Supports rich text formatting (Markdown) 🆕
- Supports for rendering HTML content in the Card view. 🆕
- Now supports updating a checkbox field directly in the grid view itself (without having to load the form). 🆕
- In-line editing support for single select and multi select fields. 🆕
- Clickable linked records: now you can connect multiple tables together and navigate between them. 🆕
This extension can be used in 3 different ways:
1. Client Portal
You can also use this as a customer or member portal. Where they can login and see some specific data that you allow them to see. This tool is particularly useful if you have clients/employees/students and you only want them to be able to see the records that they are associated with (e.g. profile/membership page), and none of the other records in your base. It’s ideal to allow your clients to login and see/update their data. They would only be able to see their own data, not anyone else. You can control which fields are shown and which are used for search. Also, you can either share it as a link with your clients or you can embed it in your website.
2. Automatic View Generator
Instead of manually creating a view for each client or employee, you can use this extension to share their data with a very minimal effort. Just decide which field(s) they can access. Then you can share the search results page URL with them and they’ll be skipping the search page, and taken directly to the generated view.
3. Search Page
With this extension, you can share a web page that allows users to search your Airtable base. You can decide which fields can be searched and which fields are shown in search results. It generates a search page URL for you that you can share with those you’d like to give access to.
💡This extension is ideal for sharing data with clients without having to create an Airtable view for each client.