Here’s an example to see how exactly this extension works.
People can also access your client portal with a card view style.
Both of these live demos above are using this Airtable View
- Generates a unique URL for your client portal.
- It can also be embedded inside your own website (with automatic height adjustment).
- Supports 2 different view styles: Grid and Card view.
- Supports editing records via the built-in form.
- Supports playing audio and video attachments! 🆕
- Supports for rendering HTML content in the card view. 🆕
- Supports direct in-line editing for checkbox, single select and multi select fields in the grid view itself.
- The ability for the client user to add new records (optional).
- Integrated Barcode and QR code scanner to lookup records
(so you can scan a barcode and see an Airtable record as a result)
- Clickable linked records: now you can connect multiple tables together and navigate between them. 🆕
- Allow the portal users to create new records. They would be automatically linked to their creators.
- Browse Tab: show the portal users the records they are linked to, but also show them all the records.
- Linking Records: allow the portal users to link themselves to other records with 1-click.
💡This extension is ideal for sharing data with clients without having to create an Airtable view for each client.
This extension can be used in 2 different ways:
1. Client Portal
You can also use this as a customer or member portal. Where they can login and see some specific data that you allow them to see. This tool is particularly useful if you have clients/employees/students and you only want them to be able to see the records that they are associated with (e.g. profile/membership page), and none of the other records in your base. It’s ideal to allow your clients to login and see/update their data. They would only be able to see their own data, not anyone else. You can control which fields are shown and which are used for search. Also, you can either share it as a link with your clients or you can embed it in your website.
2. Automatic View Generator
Instead of manually creating a view for each client or employee, you can use this extension to share their data with a very minimal effort. Just decide which field(s) they can access. Then you can share the search results page URL with them and they’ll be skipping the search page, and taken directly to the generated view. The portal allows direct access to the view (results page) URL, skipping the login (search) page.