Here is an example. Try out the miniExtensions Portal below!
The demo above is using this Airtable Base
- Build a custom portal for your users.
- Portal users can only see and update their own records.
- Users can’t see or edit records that are not linked to them.
- The portal is integrated with our powerful miniExtensions Form for adding and editing records.
- Integrated Barcode and QR code scanner to lookup records
(so you can scan a barcode and see an Airtable record as a result)
- Clickable linked records: you can connect multiple tables together and navigate between them.
- Allow the portal users to add new records. They would be automatically linked to their creators.
💡This extension is ideal for sharing data with clients without having to create an Airtable view for each client.
You can use this as a customer or member dashboard. Where they can log in and see some specific data that you allow them to see. This tool is particularly useful if you have clients/employees/students and you only want them to be able to see the records that they are associated with (e.g. profile/membership page), and none of the other records in your base. It’s ideal to allow your clients to log in and see/update their data. They would only be able to see their own data, not anyone else. You can control which fields are shown and which are used for login. Also, you can either share it as a link with your clients or you can embed it on your website.