This extension generates a unique URL for every record in your table. When one of those links is clicked, it’ll open an Airtable Form that’s prefilled with the record data. The user can then modify/update whatever they like. When they click submit, that record on Airtable will get instantly updated (and the submitted record gets deleted). It all happens behind the scenes automatically without leaving a trace of the form submissions.
💡This extension is ideal if you need some people to update records in your table, without giving them access to your base.
Click one of the URLs in the “Editor URL” column to try the editor. Once you’re done updating a record, make sure to refresh the webpage for the Airtable view.
- Can have up to 10 forms (could be in different tables/bases).
- Can limit which fields can be edited.
- Fields are pre-populated with the existing data before editing.
- Records are updated instantly after form submission.
- Doesn’t require other 3rd party integrations (e.g. Zapier/Integromat)
- Form requires minimal setup (no need to setup another table nor mapping multiple fields/select options)
- Supports limiting linked record selection to a view.
- Ability to redirect users to a custom page after record is updated. (e.g. your website) 🆕
- Unlimited records updates.
How to Setup
- Attachments: the extension allows adding new attachments to a field, but doesn’t allow removing existing ones.
- Auto-number: the extension requires creating a temporary record, which would effect the auto-number field’s sequential order. So if your workflow relies on it, our other extension ‘Single Record Editor‘ would be a better option for you.
⚠️ This extension requires having a PRO Airtable account.
If you’re looking for a similar extension that does not require a PRO Airtable account, see our other extension.