Share a link with your customers where they can register if they’re new and/or update their info if their record already exists.
One of the most common use cases for this extension is to send users to a registration form if they are new users, or send them to a record update form if they are existing users. (by integrating with another extension of ours)
Example: users type their phone number into a text field and it will search all the existing phone number you have in Airtable to see if there’s a match. If there is a match, they are redirected to the record editor. If there isn’t a match, you can send them to a different URL where they can register.
You can use the extension for different forms (or URLs) that have nothing to do with each other. All what the extension does is that it checks if a record exists in a table or not and then it redirects the user based on that result.
- Generates a page to lookup records.
- Lookup can be a single field or multiple fields.
- Search can be using text, Barcode or QR code. 🆕
- Automatically redirects users based on their search result.
- The redirection link can be dynamic by using a formula field’s value.
- Supports optional fallback redirect URL if a record is not found.
- Can be integrated with other extensions like (miniExtensions Form to Edit and Create Airtable Records).
Here’s a sample page that can be shared with users so they can update their data or create new records for themselves.
123 for existing records. And use random numbers for new ones.
If you click on the sample view below, you’ll see the table that’s used for the demo above.