This extension generates URLs for every record in your table. When a URL is clicked, the record it belongs to will have a single value updated to a new value that is pre-defined.
This extension is ideal fro approval workflows. It allows you to update a certain value an in Airtable record with a click. It provides you with a formula that generates a unique URL (webhook) for each record in your table. When any URL is opened, a specific value will get updated.
Example use cases:
- Using a QR code scanner for
quick attendees check-in
- Sending an email verification request (e.g. click to verify your address).
- Building an approval workflow logic in a shared view (e.g. click to approve attachment/mark task as completed).
Without having to invite them as users.
Email verification workflow (example)
- Setup Zapier to send an email to the user when a new record is added in Airtable.
- Set the email to include the generated link that’s found in the extension’s formula field in Airtable.
- When the link is clicked, its matching record in Airtable would be updated with a pre-set value (e.g. checkbox > ☑️)
💡This extension works perfectly when used together with our other extension QR code generator
I clicked the URL, nothing happened!
You either made a mistake in the extension settings, or the value you’re trying to update is already updated!